Monday, September 10, 2007

Schoolgirl Sas



Here, by popular demand, are the uniform pictures - not as dramatic as I would have liked but I guess I'm to blame - I went for the version she'd actually wear without too much whining. We've funked it up a bit with some leggings and, dear God, no socks! As a Catholic school uniform survivor, I duly instructed Saskia to say that her mom told to go without socks because she had no clean ones (mostly true - she had clean black ones she insists are too big and won't wear). NO ONE SAID ANYTHING!! And, she still managed to bag the Head Teacher's Pupil of the Week Award, so I think things are going as well as can be expected. Now, if I can just get her into aftercare and get my internet connection going at home, I'll be golden (I"m actually able to poach and open wireless signal tonight, praise be...better post this before I lose it.)

lb

2 comments:

kate said...

AAaaww, so cute!! Love that you rebelled and sent her sockless (we share that urge to "question authority", don't we?).

I tried to get Anna to write the other night, but no go. Will keep trying.

much love to you both!

lb said...

Thanks, Kate. It's not so much taht we question authority as we are slaves to fashion! We miss you guys. We're starting to make friends here but it's a process.

lb